Blog Posts and More

No video embed code detected


Spanish Movie Night is probably one of our favorite IDESLI community events! Every first Thursday of the month, IDESLI, in collaboration with some of our students, organizes a Movie Night in our office at 560 Mission St. This event is a really fun way for all the Spanish language lovers based in the San Francisco Bay Area to get together and enjoy some yummy Spanish food and drinks while practicing Spanish -Don’t miss Alex’s famous tortilla española and…

Read more Leave a comment


Spain is Different

Spain is located on the Iberian Peninsula, of which it occupies 80% (the remaining 20% being Portugal), in the southwest of Europe. To the north are France and Andorra with the Pyrenees as a natural border. Along with the Balearic islands (Mallorca, Menorca and Ibiza) in the Mediterranean, the Canary Islands in the Atlantic (near the Moroccan coast), and Ceuta and Melilla (located in Northern Africa) belong to the Spanish…

Read more Leave a comment

imagen final blog post

The growing brain drain in Spain and Europe

The Swiss company Adecco, one of the biggest HR companies in the world, estimated that in 2 years, around 150,000 Spanish people have abandoned their country in search of new opportunities and professional horizons. According to Adecco, one out of two Spanish citizens would leave Spain in exchange for a job with similar or even a slightly lower income than the one they had in Spain. By January 2013 the…

Read more Leave a comment